Sunday, February 14, 2010

For now...

So I very unwisely took some time after my booking meeting today to relax and play some ps3.  Just picked up a pretty awesome game Demon's Soul.  The review was right - this game is hard as hell.  It's going to take a while to beat.  A few people online have said it took them about 50 hours.  50 hours seems like a long time till you consider another great RPG,  The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.  Having played a bit of it back when I had my Xbox 360 I believe it when the review stated the game contained 200 hrs of game play.  Thats a lot of slaying evil and questing for the thieves guild.  If you started playing January 1st and played for an hour a day you'd be done on July 19th.  I already feel bad spending time playing video games when I've got work to do, a house to clean, a girl to spend time with, etc.  So I got thinking what could I accomplish if I spent an hour a day for 7 months working on something?

I came up with this list.
1.)  Learn to teach Yoga
2.)  Learn Chinese
3.) Watch the original Star Wars Trilogy  33 times
4.) Watch all 3 extended versions of the Lord of Rings 17.5 times
5.) Bake 100 chocolate cakes
6.) Do 12,000 pushups if you averaged 1 push up a minute
7.) Do 24,000 push ups if you averaged 2 push ups a minute
8.) Walk approximately 600 miles

I could go on an on.  Point being you can do a lot of productive shit other then spending 200 hours in front of the TV.  Notice however that missing from the list is the ability to be a level 100 mage with a flaming death sword or the ability to throw chi balls.  Maybe if you listened this guy you could, but I kind of doubt it.

No comments:

Post a Comment