Friday, February 19, 2010

Getting in Shape - Finger and Wrist pushups



Getting in shape is probably the easiest and cheapest item on my list so I'll start there.  I don't have a whole lot of time to work out or the cash to fork over for a gym so I'll start with 150 finger and/or wrist push ups a day and add exercises as I revise my schedule (next posting).  The goal will be to make it to 400 a day at a time.

I'll start off by taking 5 minutes 3 times a day and doing ten push ups a minute.  When that gets to easy I'll do 20 a minute, then 30, etc till I just do a 100 straight and don't take breaks.  I'll post a video on April 1st of how many I'll be able to do in a row.  I can do 30ish straight right now, we'll see if I can do a 100 by April 1st.

Strong hands and wrist are important part of jujutsu.  The good thing about all these push ups is not only am I strengthening my upper body but I'll be developing strength and flexibility in my wrist and hands too for jujutsu. 

So that's it for now, I've got a lot of work to today but either tonight or tomorrow I'll throw up my new day to day schedule to maximize efficiency.
-Damon

No comments:

Post a Comment