Sunday, March 7, 2010

Mr. Money Bags


Regardless of the all the blog post about crystals, easy mac, and Dolph Lundgren I'm still working on making my fortune.  Before I can make my millions though I need to pay off some debts and save up some money for other projects I'm trying to put together.  Thus the money jar and money bags.
 
After every shift I have bartending I put $10 in each of 6 bags and the money jar.  I also put all my change in the jar and all my can money will go in the jar.  The bags are for money I owe, with each bag representing different debts, the jar is toward new projects.  I bartend 4-5 times a week so I'm only putting in $40-50 a week per bag, so it'll take some time but I should be saving an average of $200 a week toward paying off debts and saving for the future.  At the end of each month I'll empty the bags and put them toward  different debts.  Jar money will go into my savings account and from my saving account I'll transfer it to my paypal money market account that makes a much better interest rate.


I suppose I could put a deposit in the bank every week but it's bit easier for me to not spend all that money if I don't throw it in the bank right away.  It's bit too easy to spend when it's in the bank using my debit card on an impulse buy and having a system helps me keep disciplined.  Just got to stick with it now.

On a different note, you know its warm in my neighborhood when the Mexican lady starts pushing her big pot around in a shopping cart selling enchiladas.  She does this terrible wailing thing the whole time she's walking down the street.  The first time I heard it I thought someone was flogging a down syndrome child in the middle of the street.  I can appreciate someone trying to make some extra cash but she needs to work on her sales pitch.  Not sure how safe those enchiladas would be to eat too.

Finally, thinking about changing my site name as the original name The Impossible Mr.D only came about because everything else was taken.  To the right of this post is a poll, vote and let me know what you think.  Feel free to comment on this story with better names too if you don't see one you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment