Saturday, February 27, 2010

Got Killed!

It's always a good night when the bar does better then you expected.  But damn can it be painful!

Great American Taxi played Hodi's Half Note with Hand Picked Holler last night.  We expected 150 people tops -  we ended up selling out.  My only other bartender on staff was playing a gig so I didn't have anyone to call.  We had two bartenders, one at each bar and we got raped.  The staff, myself and other owner who was bartending did our absolute best did our best but we never stood a chance.  We got raped and there was no saving us.  It went for hours, no breaks, no chance to catch up.  To make things worse the POS and credit card printer at the other bar was fucking up every few minutes.

On the upside, people were incredibly patient and supportive.  Plenty of people told me what a great job I was doing all night and just about everyone knew we were getting our asses kicked and were very understanding and tipped great despite having to wait for their drinks for way too long.  If anyone was at that show and stumbles upon this, thank you very much.  The staff also needs a pat on the back, everyone did as good as they could given the situation.

So we made a lot of money in sales and tips, the music was great, and we live another day.  Life could be worse.

Pushups, breakfast(at 1pm), shower and off to verizon to replace my damn blackberry again, the speakerphone quick working so I can't hear my phone when it rings.  It's always something right?

No comments:

Post a Comment