Saturday, March 13, 2010

The Plan

I've have a fairly productive first 2 months of 2010.  I saved the bar (for now), changed the way things were run to help us get back on our feet, started studying Japanese again, and I'm working out too.

While this a nice start, it doesn't really help me make the millions I'm going to need to accomplish my goal of retiring in 4 years to a custom built house on a beach in warm climate.  So what the hell do I need to do to get where I want to be?

Most things in life at their core are very simple.  A computer program is a great example, as complicated as it looks when you break it down, it's all 1's and 0's.  On and off, do or don't.  The process of understanding a situation or problem is hard sometimes.  But the actual essences of most things are very simple.

My situation is no different.  I got things I want to do but I don't have the money or resources.  So how do I get what I want.  I don't make enough at the bar to do the things I want to do so I need another source of income.  I've got a number of small side projects I work on from time to time but to really make them happen I'll need some more time and money. 

So first thing first, I need to save as much money as I possibly can.  I've started to with a jar that I throw ten bucks in after every bar shift.  The money was going to be for a trip to Japan but I think it'll be a dream jar.  I should be able to save $150 a month on average in the jar.  That's $1800 a year, which after every month will be put in my bank account and then transferred to my paypal money market account.  It's a nice start and it'll help fund some side projects that should pay off but it's not quite enough.  I'm going to have to start saving a hell of a lot more.  I'll detail how I'm going to do that starting Monday in my next blog post.

Time is something else I'm bit short on.  I need to be very efficient with everything I do so that I have more time to put toward my side projects.  That means getting the bar running better so I don't have to be there quite as much.  It also means living my a very strict routine.  More and more I'll post to update on how that's going.

As for making more money, I'll detail how I'm going to do that just as soon as I've been able to get a routine down and save bit more.  Need to clean house and get everything in order before I move forward.

Lots to do.  Wish I had more details but will provide shortly.  Not the greatest week at the bar and it'll be tough the next few weeks till April.  I think we'll do alright but we have to learn to promote better.  I've always believed that no week or month or time of year has to be bad.  We just have to be better about reaching out to people and let them know what we got going on.  Tough business, but I'm a bit masochistic so I guess it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment