Monday, March 29, 2010

The Long Road to Sucess & The Quick Path to Faliure

Yukiyoshi Sagawa is quoted in the book Transparent Power as saying that even with intense training it takes 20 years before your body is conditioned enough.  20 years is damn long time.  You could be doing great for 5 years and quit and it wouldn't be near enough.  I'm having a hard time sticking to pushups and moping and it's been a month.  Training every day for 20 years, that's 7300 days.

The bar is a similar thing, it'll take 5 years of work to make it worth it.  5 years - 1825 days.  Doesn't seem so long when compared to 20 years.  But it's still a long time.  And a bad day at the bar can end it for good.  A minor drinking, some kind of accident, fire, flood, etc could put an end to everything and I'd spend the next ten years digging myself out of debt.

It pisses me off when people expect things for free, as if they deserve for me to spend another day or minute in debt so they can save a buck.  The road to success is long and hard and a misstep can erase years of work.  Some people just can't appreciate that.

Apparently some gamblers aren't addicted to winning or gambling so much as they're addicting to losing - they are hooked on having their back to the wall and having to fight to stay afloat.  I've been a part of a failing business for 3 years - maybe I'm the same way.  Maybe it's difficult to work too hard because I can't deal with being ahead.  Hope that's not the case.

Today was not a bad day.  I cleaned my room, worked and made some money.  But I just got by, another day.  I need to get more out of each day, I can't get a head just having a normal day.  I can't get where I want to be just getting by.

Today was not a bad day.  But tomorrow has to be better to succeed.  Each day has to be better than the last.

Guess we'll see what happens.

On a more enjoyable note, I'll leave you with a picture of Bulleit.  He's apparently crazy

No comments:

Post a Comment