Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Back?

Yep I'm back.  Shouldn't have been gone in the first place but I got a bit lazy and busy at the same time.  Doesn't mix too well.

Things are relatively good.  I sold my digital camera on Ebay.  As much as I wanted to film my product review for the powerband I just couldn't justify having a camera I never used that I paid a decent amount for when I have bills to pay.  Using that money and additional money made bartending I've put a decent chunk of cash into the company to repay what I owe in addition to paying our lawyer off and an employee who the business owed.  Getting rid of debt feels good!  Only another another $270,000 and I'll have the business and personal debts cleared.  Some of that the business itself will take care of hopefully.  Between the lawyer, accountant, employee debt owed and what I owe the business I've paid off close to 4k in the last 3 months.  I've also paid off a bit on some personal credit cards.  If I can keep doing this for 5 years I'll be set.  That's a bit depressing...

I also quit drinking almost a month ago, quit soda the week after, and finally red bull the week after that.  I'm just too busy right now to feel even a little hungover even once a week.  And honestly I don't enjoy beer or even whiskey enough just to drink one with dinner so if I'm not going to be having a few and good time, I dont' see a reason to do it at all.  After quitting all 3 I do feel a little better.  Even when I'm beat I'm not quite as exhausted as I usually am.  As a bar owner though I'd encourage everyone around Fort Collins to come buy soda/red bull/alcohol or some mixture of any two at Hodi's...I got bills to pay!

I started working out again too last week and have been to the gym 4 times in the last week.  It's been pretty pathetic but I do swell up pretty quick so at least I'll look better pretty quick.  I can't come close to doing what I use to though.  Guess it'll take some time.

Got my tax refund last month and it was the biggest I'd ever gotten - $1100.  Gave me a bit of breathing room.  Got me thinking about how I need to get a bit of bump here and there to get a head.  As much as I've paid off in the last few months there is still a lot more I could paying off and things are tight enough already.  I need to figure out how to make another $30 a day or $1000/month.  As is, I could spend the next 3-5 years doing what I'm doing and end up at zero by the end of things which would be nice to some extent but I don't want to be 32 and at zero.  Compound interest tends to add up, the time to start saving was now/5 years ago.


So I got pile of debt, not entirely sure my floor at bar will last another few years, and I'm working all the time but I'm paying stuff off, getting healthy, and tomorrow is Thanksgiving which is one of two days during the entire year no one can ask me anything about work.  I can go an entire day without having my phone on and everything won't go to shit.  I'm spending the day by myself cleaning the house and playing video games.  The dogs and I will split a small turkey it'll be great.  Is that sad I'm looking forward to this?  I don't think it is, like I mentioned previously I have 2 days a year where I won't get a work related phone call.

Just a warning - anyone calls about business tomorrow just to spite me - I will kill you.  Slowly.

And finally for your enjoyment - the hottest workout video girl ever

No comments:

Post a Comment