Saturday, March 20, 2010

Still Decent But...

Good Show tonight, had few local hip hop acts.  The headliners ended up canceling though, they had a head on collision on the way to the show.  Thankfully they were ok.  Still a decent show, decent turnout but never fun having a band unable to make it.

The weather wasn't terrible but visibility was very bad and it snowed most of the day.  I picked Becca up from the airport and while the roads weren't slippery it still wasn't pleasant driving to and from the airport.

Nothing quite says spring like a snow storm.  That's Colorado for you though, It always snows spring break week or around it.  I remember freshmen year coming back from spring break and having 3 days of school canceled because Fort Collins got hit with the worst snow storm in 75 years.  It was pretty cool we built a 13 foot all snow structure that I thought resembled some kind of rocket ship.  Some perverted RA thought it looked like something else and had us knock it down.  Some people...

Working at a bar is relatively easy and many times a hell of a lot of fun.  However the hours and stress can be very tough on both mind and body.  Staying healthy, getting good sleep, and managing stress are very difficult.  The lack of good sleep really makes the other two things much harder.  I find that my temper is shorter, I'm bit more emotional (although I think I do a good job of not showing it), more irritable, and very clumsy (which can be a sign of sleep deprivation).  I'm hoping if I can avoid eating and exercise before bed and do some light reading I'll sleep better.  I noticed when I quit drinking alcohol energy drinks, and soda for that week I slept a lot better too for a bit. 

Given my rather lofty goals I need to be functioning at peak efficiency.  I'll have to improve my sleep habits if I'm going to get anywhere.

Tomorrow is another day and sometimes thats a bit depressing. 

Sure I'll feel better after some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment