Friday, March 5, 2010

What a week

It's been a bit of hectic week.  Went to Boulder to attend a get together hosted by one or liquor reps and met Tom Bulleit of Bulleit Bourbon.  He gave a talk on the history of Bulleit and we tasted a bunch of different whiskeys and he told us about how they were all distilled and why they tasted the way they did.  I know work, work, work that's all I do.  We got hats and leather Bulleit notebooks too. 

Swag and whiskey, couldn't ask for a better time.  Tom Bulleit signed our notebooks and it was nice to be introduced to him as the #4 bulleit account in the state and #1 in Fort Collins.  We love our Bulleit around Hodi's, I even named my red heeler after it.
 
My heeler Bulleit is destined to be a deer for Halloween every year.  

Business is good but tonight wasn't so hot.  The GZA from Wung Tang missed his flight and couldn't make the show so instead of a sold out show I had a free Hip Hop show.  The local openers did a great job bringing a bit of a crowd but we didn't do nearly as well as we could have.  Oh well, this weekend will still be great.

It's been over a week since I've had a soda and I quit drinking at work but I've had a beer here and there.  I wanted to take a break from drinking but I think a beer here and there won't kill me and not drinking at work seems like a good middle ground.  Proud of the no soda or red bull and I seem to be sleeping since I've quit.

Slacked a bit on my push ups but I've got 90 more tonight and I'm back on track.

Big update I'll try to be better about blogging at once a day.  

Tom Bulleit's first joke he told "In Kentucky they say it is not impolite to ask if you are related.  It is impolite however, to ask how."

My friend lost a good friend this week.  I can't claim to know him nearly as well as a lot of people but I was always happy to see him and he was a great guy.  He'll be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment