Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Japan - day 1 continued

I suppose day 1 is really day 2 but since I blogged this morning I didn't get in today's activities. Bought a few supplies, swim trunks and met Mari to go to the beach. We actually went to two but I only swam at the first one. By the time we made it to the second one we had about enough time to sit and watch the sunset. Afterwards we went to a nearby restaurant and ate Okinawa soba. The appetitizer was some weird green thing Mari San said was "grapes of the sea" and had a very salty taste. Apparently it come from the waters off Okinawa. Wasn't too bad and the soba was tasty too.

Mari San was able to use the hostels car to drive me around and only almost killed us once. It's funny sitting to the left of the driver but I was more preoccupied watching the controlled chaos that is Okinawa traffic. All the cars are tiny, the roads are smaller, and scooter and motorcycles weave through traffic which is impressive considering how small the space is between cars. How there aren't accidents can only be attributed to the fact ycant drive too fast when nthe streets are that crowded.

Bedtime, I'm exhausted, and full. Banks comes in tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment