Monday, February 22, 2010

Sore Boobies, Birthdays, and Cans for Japan

So due to being hungover all day I didn't do my pushups till about 15 minutes ago.  It took 20 minutes but I did ten push ups a minute for 15 minutes with a 5 minute break after 10 minutes.  The good news is I can get my push ups done in 20 minutes.  The bad news - it sucks a whole lot.  Oh well getting in shape isn't suppose to be pleasant.  Still having to alternate between wrist and finger push ups as finger push ups are extremely difficult and I feel as though I get a better upper body workout from them.  Wrist push ups still are plenty good and work some different muscles so I'll keep doing them. 

It's now 1:22 am which means I'm officially 26 years old.  Getting old.  A number of people are suprised to know I'm 26, many think I'm older.  Some of have said I act older but I think they're being polite, I must just look bit older.  I guess the bar adds years.  There is such a thing as bar time so maybe by bar time I'm 35.

Speaking of the bar, I've been collecting and recycling cans.

My girlfriend collects cans from her house too.  Few months ago I turned in over 150 pounds of crushed cans.  Unfortunately the going rate was around 35 cents a pound.  I got like 40 bucks.   It's free money though so I'll keep collecting, every little bit helps.  I'll take what I earn and add to the jar I have for change and put that money toward my Japan trip.  I'll also throw in ten dollars every bartending shift I get.  I'd like to go to Japan for 2 weeks minimum and the plane ticket should cost between $1,800 - $2,000, so I'll need a minimum of $3,000 to have a decent trip.  Guessing I'm not going to come close that amount with just cans.  I'll need to find different ways to make more money, but that was the plan all along. 

That's it for now, I've just about finalized a weekly schedule, although I'm sure it'll change as soon as I get into it.

Dances with Wolves is on AMC right.  Dear God, Kevin Costner is a terrible actor.

No comments:

Post a Comment